Hello and thank you for visiting my blog. It really means a lot to me that you would take a few minutes out of your day to stop by.
My name is Yolanda.
This blog came about as I began a personal inner journey to overcome the baggage of the past. That baggage was an anchor, keeping me down and not allowing me to live my best story.
We all have experienced past hurts–some of which may have been caused by our own poor choices. I have found that Jesus Christ heals and offers us new life.
We still have to deal with the consequences of our actions and possibly the actions of the others towards us. But they no longer need to have a hold on us. We are not promised a perfect life, just one filled with Grace.
We get one chance at this life. My desire is to continue to grow and learn to
Live a Better Story.
Here are 25 facts that will help you get to know me better:
1. I have 5 vibrant children (my oldest daughter is the girl in my header picture), 2 gorgeous daughter-in-laws and 2 sweet grandbabies.
2. I like walking. I know running is all the rage, but it’s not for me.
3. I like to travel but I do get homesick.
4. I know how to drive a semi-truck.
5. I like kombucha tea and brew my own, off and on.
6. My elbows can bend grotesquely backwards.
7. I don’t like Biblical legalism-it’ll suck the life out of a person.
8. I like Biblical truths.
9. I was born in Manhattan, New York.
10. I sleep on my back with my legs bent underneath me and hold my right foot. Weird, I know.
11. I was divorced at age 19.
12. I’m 5’8.
13. I’ve milked goats.
14. I believe God is bigger than we could ever imagine.
15. I like chai latte.
16. I play piano and clarinet. Averagely.
17. The former governor of my state sat at my dining room table and gave a press conference.
18. I live in Wisconsin.
19. I homeschooled my children.
20. I’m a registered nurse and work in palliative care.
21. My first crush was on Shawn Cassidy.
22. I went to college after my oldest son and had some of the same professors he did. It’s hard to be a slacker when your son was Student Government President. I’m now a Registered Nurse.
23. I don’t like grocery shopping.
24. I drink goat’s milk.
25. I’m extremely allergic to cats.
~Love and Peace~